At RANS Electrical our Occupational Health, Safety and Rehabilitation Policy is based on a belief that the well-being of people employed at work, or people affected by our work, is a major priority and must be considered during all work performed on our behalf.
People are our most important asset and their health and safety is our greatest responsibility. The public shall be given equal priority to that of our employees.
The objectives of our Safety Policy are:
- To aim to achieve an injury and incident free workplace.
- To make health & safety an integral part of every managerial and supervisory position.
- To ensure health & safety is considered in all planning and work activities.
- To involve our employees in the decision making processes through regular communication, consultation and training.
- To provide a continuous program of education and learning to ensure that our employees work in the safest possible manner.
- To identify and control all potential hazards in the workplace through hazard identification and risk analysis.
- To ensure all potential incidents are controlled and prevented.
- To provide effective injury management and rehabilitation for all employees.
- To ensure we comply with all relevant statutory obligations.
The success of our health & safety management is dependent on:
- Pro-active planning of all work activities with due consideration given to implementing OH&S controls that are suitable to each given situation.
- Understanding the total work process and associated OH&S risks.
- Ensuring the work team is totally committed to achieving our objectives.
- Ensuring that open and honest communication exists between management and all employees.
- Commitment to and effective implementation of this OH&S Management Plan and supporting OH&S system procedures – to provide a framework for managing and improving safety performance.
All employees, trainees, and people under our management are required to follow rules relating to health and safety requirements and report incidents, hazards and dangerous situations to their immediate supervisor.